Monday, January 4, 2010

Mommy's In A Time- Out

I just put myself in a time-out to avoid yelling at my child who just cut himself out of a bunch of photos so he could make an i.d. card and have some photos to put in his wallet. (He was so very proud of his i.d. card.)

And of course he had to pick his "special photos" from some of his accomplishments over the past year. One was a team photo from winning second place in the state championship for hockey last year and one was a photo of himself holding the trophy. These were displayed on his big bulletin board along with the cutest school art project that he had won an award for. (I was planning on putting it in a frame, just hadn't got around to it yet.) He decided to dismantle it because he wanted the little penguins off of it. (Too cutesy looking for a nine year old to have in his room.)

Now why he didn't ask me for a wallet size hockey photo I have no idea since he had just asked me for a wallet size school photo.

This child is not three or four...he is nine. And we had a talk (several talks) when he was five or six because he had done something similar (he dismantled an art project and decided to to carve lines and a hole into the cork of his Pottery Barn bulletin board.)

I think I'll visit a few blogs since I'm in a "mommy time-out". Then afterwards, one little boy and I will be taping things back together and I'll try to cover up even more damage done to one very sad looking bulletin board. This time the things are going in his memory box, away from "Scissor Hands".

8 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Boys!!!!!
My husband is just as bad!

Preppy Mama said...

Oh no! I've had to put myself in many a time out and mine is only 4!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

I've been there too. Sometimes a little wine helps too. :)

paige said...

oh i'm with ya
i think a daily mommy time out is good & i agree with the previous comment...red wine would be an excellent mandatory detail!!

thanks for stopping by today
blessings to you in 2010!!
xo

melissa said...

Oh ... boys!!! Don't I know (x's 3)! It could be worse - nothing like finding the fake id's in their wallets. Of course, you son is a little too young for that ;)

Firefly Hill said...

I have had moments like these!
You are not alone...
xo,

annie

DC GOP Girl said...

Oh no! That's no good, but it made for a great blog story. Thanks for sharing.

*New follower

k e r r y said...

Oh no! Oddly my son just did the sort of the same thing and included in the photos was the one and only photo of my husband and me on our first date! :(